It was the CKCU 35th Anniversary Party withdrawal and I was supposed to bump Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) off the #1 spot but due to the fact that the song was performed on Saturday Night Live, it gave me a total surprise as I wasn’t expecting the song to be performed. It stays on for a 5th week because of the musical performance. There was only new debut and it’s from Toronto’s Bonjay. The gainers on the countdown were Rich Aucoin, You Say Party & Crystal Castles. Here’s the top 10.
1. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (5th week)
2. Something Else by Diamond Rings (Going up a spot and he’s currently the November X3 Artist of the Month)
3. Constellation by Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans (Down a spot but still getting plays on various radio shows)
4. Not The Stars by Allie Hughes (Steady)
5. Not In Love (featuring Robert Smith) by Crystal Castles (Going up. Getting plays on various radio shows.)
6. We, Myself, And I by Shad (Down a spot and off the big 5)
7. Lonely’s Lunch by You Say Party (Up 2 spots. The music video is still getting some talk over on social media sites)
8. PUSH by Rich Aucoin (Up 2 spots from last week.)
9. Red Lights by Holy Fuck (Down a few spots.)
10. Stumble by Bonjay (New entry. They were in Ottawa last Friday)
Since the 2010 CKCU-FM Funding Drive is done and over for another year, the countdown still continues on. This week had some new entries and the reason as a few of the songs released their music videos on the Internet. As usual, Arcade Fire is still on top for the Wild 10 Countdown. Here’s the list.
1. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (4th at #1. They will be on SNL for their second appearance. I can’t wait but won’t be able to watch it live as I will be attending CKCU’s 35 Anniversary Party)
2. Constellation – Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans (Song is steady again. Aside from Mr. Bryson sporting a ‘tasche, he’s still getting airplays on various CKCU shows)
3. Something Else – Diamond Rings (Steady. I aired the audio interview for the show and he’s still getting plays as he’s November’s X3 Artist of the Month)
4. Not The Stars – Allie Hughes (Up a spot. She’s still hovering on the countdown and she’s still doing a couple of concerts in the Greater Toronto area)
5. We, Myself, And I – Shad (Going back to the Big 5. He’s got his own coffee but only in the Vancouver area)
6. Red Lights – Holy Fuck (Song is going up. I am still loving the music video)
7. Not In Love (featuring Robert Smith) – Crystal Castles (New entry. A new version of Not In Love with The Cure’s Robert Smith. Coming in December)
8. Lonely’s Lunch – You Say Party (New entry. Not a brand new song but it’s the music video that’s been released on the Internet)
9. Surf’s Up – Winchester Warm (Up a spot. I gotta thank Mr. Pearce for donating to my show and another show for the Funding Drive)
10. Push – Rich Aucoin (New entry. The music video was released recently and it’s unique video because it’s on traditional 3-D. A great way to dance to the song.)
This week’s countdown had no new debuts, there were a few movers and shakers for the Wild 10. This was the second and final Funding Drive Show edition and I had no assistance because of other factors happening. I’m pleased with the donations during the countdown and around the second hour of the show. Without further ado, here’s the top 10.
1. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (3rd week at #1. They will be the musical guest on SNL for November 13th).
2. Constellation – Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans (Steady at #2. He’s still getting airplay on various CKCU shows)
3. Something Else – Diamond Rings (Going up. He’s getting so much buzz because of the release of Special Affections. Expect the interview to be airing next week.)
From October 22 to November 7, CKCU is holding their Funding Drive and we need the listeners to call in to donate to keep shows going on for another year. Also, we need to keep equipment to be updated and all sorts. If you want to support community radio, you should call 613-520-3920 (in the Ottawa area), 1-877-520-3920 (outside of Ottawa) and donate online. The goal for the station is $110,000. This week’s countdown is not on hiatus from the funding drive, it is still going on no matter what. Here’s the top 10.
1. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (2nd week at #1. There’s not much to say that it’s still a great song)
2. Constellation – Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans (It’s still getting lots of airplays on various CKCU shows)
3. Wait & See – Diamond Rings (Up a spot. Special Affections came out on Monday, instead of Tuesday’s whole slew of music releases. He’s in Ottawa on October 29th at Raw Sugar Cafe)
4. The Hair Song – Black Mountain (Down a few spots)
5. We, Myself, And I – Shad (Down a spot. Shad is still going strong with tours in the USA to promote TSOL)
6. Not The Stars – Allie Hughes (Up a spot. She’s continuing some live show in Toronto and parts of Southern/Western Ontario)
7. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (Going down slowly. The co-host still likes the band and song)
8. Serious Bedtime – The Balconies (New entry. Not a new song but congratulations to The Balconies for winning again last Friday for the Big Money Shot)
9. Red Lights – Holy Fuck (New entry. Such a cute and funny music with the cats. Plus the car chase between the cat and dog)
10. Up in the Belfry – Winchester Warm (Was supposed to be off the countdown as I decided to bump off Jason Collett instead. It’s staying on the countdown as the singer of the band donated for the show and another CKCU show)
You can listen to show by pressing play.
Oct. 27 show –