For the Summer months, this blog will be updated than the main blog. Finally, it’s back to full form.
This week’s countdown was slightly off due the Canada Day festivities. No new entries, just the same songs but mixed around in the positions. New number one song to kick off July is Handsome Furs as their album dropped last week and they are also The X3 Artist of the Month. In this entry, the radio show is included. Without further ado, here’s the top 10;
1. What About Us – Handsome Furs (1st week)
2. Culture War – Arcade Fire
3. Generation Handclap – Library Voices
4. Lose It – Austra
5. Northern Air – Elliott Brood
6. Soviet Race – Graham Wright
7. Queen of Hearts – Fucked Up
8. Sara – Chad VanGaalen
9. I Miss You When You’re Gone – Matthew Barber
10. Kill Count – The Balconies
The playlist from the radio show at CKCU-FM is at this link.
The July 6, 2011 Summer radio show – press play to listen.
Apologies for not keeping up to date on the top 10 countdown. I got bogged down with other things happening. OK, I decided to post it up because there’s a new number one song to kick off June’s countdown.
That’s right! The Balconies is number one for Kill Count as it bumped off Chad VanGaalen. The reason to have it at number one is to make the top 10 interesting. The only debut is Arcade Fire with Culture War and the greatest gainer being Lose It by Austra. Without further ado, here’s the top 10 for June 1st, 2011.
From October 22 to November 7, CKCU is holding their Funding Drive and we need the listeners to call in to donate to keep shows going on for another year. Also, we need to keep equipment to be updated and all sorts. If you want to support community radio, you should call 613-520-3920 (in the Ottawa area), 1-877-520-3920 (outside of Ottawa) and donate online. The goal for the station is $110,000. This week’s countdown is not on hiatus from the funding drive, it is still going on no matter what. Here’s the top 10.
1. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (2nd week at #1. There’s not much to say that it’s still a great song)
2. Constellation – Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans (It’s still getting lots of airplays on various CKCU shows)
3. Wait & See – Diamond Rings (Up a spot. Special Affections came out on Monday, instead of Tuesday’s whole slew of music releases. He’s in Ottawa on October 29th at Raw Sugar Cafe)
4. The Hair Song – Black Mountain (Down a few spots)
5. We, Myself, And I – Shad (Down a spot. Shad is still going strong with tours in the USA to promote TSOL)
6. Not The Stars – Allie Hughes (Up a spot. She’s continuing some live show in Toronto and parts of Southern/Western Ontario)
7. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (Going down slowly. The co-host still likes the band and song)
8. Serious Bedtime – The Balconies (New entry. Not a new song but congratulations to The Balconies for winning again last Friday for the Big Money Shot)
9. Red Lights – Holy Fuck (New entry. Such a cute and funny music with the cats. Plus the car chase between the cat and dog)
10. Up in the Belfry – Winchester Warm (Was supposed to be off the countdown as I decided to bump off Jason Collett instead. It’s staying on the countdown as the singer of the band donated for the show and another CKCU show)
You can listen to show by pressing play.
Oct. 27 show –