There were a couple of new entries joining the countdown. The Hair Song by Black Mountain is getting popular ever since Wilderness Heart was released. The Suburbs (song) is off the countdown but replaced with another Arcade Fire song. Land of Talk is still going strong as Quarry Hymns is the free single of the week on iTunes Store.
As the main blog is back up for a new season, there will be times where the entries won’t be long here.
1. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (3rd week at #1)
2. The Hair Song – Black Mountain (Going up a couple of spots as it is getting plays)
3. White Wolves – Bravestation (Down a spot. They will be back in Ottawa again)
4. More & More & More – The Mountains & The Trees (Down a spot and is currently on a European tour)
5. Be A Path – The Love Machine (Up a spot)
6. Plastic Slides – Winter Gloves (Up a couple spots as they will be in Ottawa for Thursday night at Mavericks)
7. We, Myself, And I – Shad (New entry as the music video has released)
8. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) – Arcade Fire (New entry and replacing The Suburbs)
9. Up In The Belfry – Winchester Warm (New entry and they’ve been performing lately)
10. This City – hotshotcasino (Down several spots to #10)
In case you want to listen to the entire show on this entry, just play to play to listen.
As an extra bonus, here’s the video where I shot Winchester Warm at CKCU-FM last Wednesday.
I am still unable to write a good entry on my main blog. The radio show was jam packed as I aired two audio interviews. They were The Mountains & The Trees and Allie Hughes. My interview with Hughes is new for the second season of the show and hope you will like the interview as she is gaining some buzz and interest in Canadian music. Also on the radio show were some of the Polaris Music Prize Short List nominees being played. I apologize for skipping Karkwa as I did not have time on the show.
As for the countdown, there wasn’t any new debuts but there were several movers and shakers. Here’s the top 10;
1. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (2nd week at #1)
2. White Wolves – Bravestation (Going back up a spot as I got to see them on Friday night and they liked the interview)
3. More & More & More – The Mountains & The Trees (Down a spot and don’t forget to listen to the interview)
4. The Hair Song – Black Mountain (Jumping from #7 last week and Wilderness Heart is now released)
5. A Good Name – Shad (He’s on the Polaris Music Prize Short List as the Gala is drawing closer)
6. Be A Path – The Love Machine (They performed at Glebe’s Got Flavour last weekend)
7. Hand To Hold – Adaline (Falling down from #4)
8. This City – hotshotcasino (Falling from #5.)
9. Plastic Slides – Winter Gloves (They will be in Ottawa next week for a show at Mavericks)
10. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire (Was supposed to be gone last week. I thought the guest would come in)
Don’t forget to check the playlist by clicking here.
You can listen to the radio show by pressing play.
Audio Interviews – Allie Hughes and The Mountain & The Trees
Even though I haven’t started my regular blog yet, this week’s audio interviews will be placed here. In case you want to skip the radio show and listen to the interviews. That’s the photo of Allie Hughes. Allie Hughes – Press play to listen or download it.
The Mountain & The Trees – Press play to listen or download it.
New month and it’s still scorching hot outside. It’s now permanent that the countdown is expanded to top 10. It was previously mentioned that the top 5 is too small to cover the popular tracks. Also on the show was Summer music wrap as I played the artists and bands that I got see live and interview at festivals and shows. Without further ado, here’s the top 10 list for September 1st. A new number song to start off the new month.
1. More & More & More – The Mountain & The Trees. (1st week. Let’s just say that the song was played on Degrassi)
2. Hand To Hold – Adaline (Falling down from the number one spot.)
3. White Wolves – Bravestation (Steady but they’re getting lot of reviews from their 2010 EP)
4. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (They are September’s X3 Artist of the Month and the music video just release.)
5. This City – hotshotcasino (Making the top 5 spot.)
6. Plastic Slides – Winter Gloves (Album just released on iTunes and various music stores.)
7. A Good Name – Shad (Going up two spots from #9.)
8. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire (Falling down from #5. It’s considered my Summer song of 2010.)
9. Winchester Warm – Winchester Warm (Going up a spot from #10.)
10. Be A Path – The Love Machine (New entry as they recently did a CD release show on Saturday night.)
Don’t forget to check the playlist by going to this link for all your Summer wrap up needs.
You can listen to the show by pressing play (below).