As the Victoria Day long weekend approaches, this week’s Wild 10 Countdown got a new number one song. Beyond Wilderness by Gold & Youth is their debut full length album. It got released this week and it takes the top spot as they band is getting some attention lately. If you love 80s new wave influence, the album is for you.
New entries this week are Sarah Neufeld and Hooded Fang.
Here’s the top 10 for this week;
1. Time To Kill – Gold & Youth
2. New Summer – Young Galaxy
3. Golden Promises – Born Ruffians
4. I Love You – Said The Whale
5. Emeralds Shatter – Louise Burns
6. Wait Up For You – The Belle Game
7. I Can’t Stand It – Maylee Todd
8. Flowers In The City – Michael Feuerstack
9. Graves – Hooded Fang
10. Hero Brother – Sarah Neufeld
A very short summary for the entry this week.
Young Galaxy returns to the top spot because it’s fitting that Ottawa was having Summer like temperatures for the past week.
The only new entry on the Wild 10 Countdown this week is Michael Feuerstack as he’s no longer going by the snailhouse name. He released the new album, Tambourine Death Bed.
Here’s the top 10 for the May 8th edition;
1. New Summer – Young Galaxy
2. Wait Up For You – The Belle Game
3. Baby’s Got It – Maylee Todd
4. Needle – Born Ruffians
5. I Love You – Said The Whale
6. Emeralds Shatter – Louise Burns
7. City of Quartz – Gold & Youth
8. Destroy – In-Flight Safety
9. Story of the Flood – Chris Ho
10. Bones In The River – Michael Feuerstack
It’s a new month and for the second week at the top spot, it’s the Born Ruffians. Birthmarks has been out for more than a week and the band got some plays on various radio show.
The new entries for this week are Aidan Knight and Louise Burns.
Congratulations goes out to Chris Ho as he won for Island Songwriter of the Year for the Vancouver Island Music Awards. I made an error in saying festival on the audio podcast, my apologies.
Here’s the top 10 and the other songs played on the podcast (the audio will be posted on the main blog before 6pm, Eastern time).
The Wild 10 Countdown – Top 10 List
1. Permanent Hesitation – Born Ruffians
2. New Summer – Young Galaxy
3. Wait Up For You – The Belle Game
4. I Tried – Maylee Todd.
5. Destroy – In-Flight Safety
6. Story of the Flood – Chris Ho
7. I Love You – Said The Whale
8. Emeralds Shatter – Louise Burns (New entry)
9. Jewel – Gold & Youth
10. Telecommunicate – Aidan Knight (New entry) Continue reading →
As April comes to an end and a co-host leaving (read the main blog), Born Ruffians takes the top spot on the Wild 1o. Birthmarks was released the previous week and it has been getting plays on shows and activity on social media and blogs. The only new entry for this week is Said The Whale as they released a track from their upcoming EP called I Love You.
Got to give a shout out to The Kostanzas from Toronto. They’re an up and coming rock band, so check them. I didn’t expect my departing co-host mentioned the lead singer being on The Strombo Show.
After the top 10, Candice and myself picked out a bunch of new tracks from the likes of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT and The National as there’s hype and excitement of new materials from these bands.
Here’s the top 10 and the playlist for the podcast.
1. Cold Pop – Born Ruffians
2. New Summer – Young Galaxy
3. Story of the Flood – Chris Ho
4. Blame Fiction – The Belle Game
5. Did Everything I Could – Maylee Todd
6. Destroy – In-Flight Safety
7. Love Your Money – The Kostanzas
8. Jewel – Gold & Youth
9. I Love You – Said The Whale (New entry)
10. Baptism – We Are The City Continue reading →
Chris Ho takes the number one spot on the Wild 10 Countdown for this week. The reason for it has been that a particular radio show has been playing his song, Story of the Flood. Myself and co-host, Candice has been hooked on his music. City of Dust was released in January and some of his songs have been getting plays.
The new entries for this week’s countdown are Grounders and The Belle Game. Ritual Tradition Habit by The Belle Game is now released and the band got featured on Rolling Stone. Good on the band in getting some exposure.
Young Galaxy was number one last week on the countdown as their new album, Ultramarine just got released this week.
Here’s the top 10 and other songs played on the podcast;
1. Story of the Flood – Chris Ho
2. Home – Austra
3. Destroy – In-Flight Safety
4. New Summer – Young Galaxy
5. River – The Belle Game (New entry)
6. Baby’s Got It – Maylee Todd
7. Jewel – Gold and Youth
8. Baptism – We Are The City
9. Love Your Money – The Kostanzas
10. Speedboats (David Newfeld Version) – Grounders Continue reading →
It’s a brand new month. For this week’s countdown, Tegan and Sara stays on top for the second week. New entries for this week are The Weather Station, Daniel Romano and The Besnard Lakes. Hayden makes it to the top 5 as Us Alone got released this week.
Here’s the top 10 for this week.
As January comes to an end, this week’s number one is pretty much expected as Tegan and Sara’s Heartthrob got released. There’s been a lot of airplays and buzz over their seventh studio album. The songs are more pop & top 40 based with a touch of heart break. So far, the songs are catchy and make you listen on repeat. Reviews for the album have been positive. An example of one can be read at this link.
Other new entries for this week are Young Galaxy, You Say Party and Blue Hawaii.
Here’s the top 10 list for the week of January 30th;
1. Now I’m All Messed Up – Tegan and Sara
2. With Her Shadow – Born Ruffians
3. Pretty Boy – Young Galaxy
4. Wasted Light – The Belle Game
5. Friend – You Say Party
6. Not There Tonight – Hilotrons
7. Off The Main Drag – Leif Vollebekk
8. Young & Lazy – The Matinee
9. Old Dreams – Hayden
10. Try To Be – Blue Hawaii
On this week’s edition of the Wild 10 Countdown, a new number one has bumped off Hollerado. It’s been awhile that an Ottawa band has taken the top spot. I decided to put Hilotrons as the new album is fast approaching.
Other new entries on the countdown are The Matinee and Leif Vollebekk. Both will have albums releasing in February.
Crystal Castles, the only 2012 holdout on this week’s countdown recently released a new music video.
Born Ruffians have announced the title to their forthcoming album to be called Birthmarks.
Here’s the top 10;
1. Venus At Your Back Door – Hilotrons (First Week at #1)
This week’s countdown has a couple of new tracks for 2013. New entries from the likes of Hayden, The Belle Game, We Were Lovers, Born Ruffians, and Woodpigeon.
In other news, Aidan Knight has announced his Ontario tour for February.
For the second week on the top spot, it’s still Hollerado.
Here’s the top 10 list for January 16th.
1. Pick Me Up – Hollerado (Second week at #1)
2. Edie’s Dream – Suuns
3. Venus At Your Back Door – Hilotrons
4. With Her Shadow – Born Ruffians
5. A Mirror – Aidan Knight
6. Old Dreams – Hayden
7. Telepath – Crystal Castles
8. Wait Up For You – The Belle Game
9. Red Rover, Red Rover – Woodpigeon
10. Islands – We Were Lovers
This week’s countdown has two new entries while the top 2 are still steady and one song possibly on its final week on the countdown. Included in the entry is the entire radio show as the main blog is on a Summer break. This blog will be updated weekly as the countdown continues.
Here’s the July 28th edition of the top 5 countdown;
1. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire (9 weeks! The Suburbs arrives on August 3. It’s highly anticipated)
2. Swift Coin – Land of Talk (Steady. Cloak and Cipher will be released on August 24th, it will be a long wait)
3. Hand To Hold – Adaline (New entry. It’s because the song got played on Degrassi, season 10, eps 1.)
4. White Wolves – Bravestation (New entry. They were in Ottawa on Friday night for a show at Cafe Dekcuf)
5. Rose Garden – Shad (Down. Most likely the final run on the countdown.)
This week’s radio show had 2 “best of” interviews from The Wooden Sky and The Belle Game, which were aired early this year. There were a few more songs that were played on Degrassi. The playlist is available at this link as I had to enter the songs all over again.
You can listen to the radio show by pressing play. Apologies on the sound quality.